Forecasters at the National Weather Center predict partly sunny skies with a high near 69 degrees.
Route 347 construction continues to slow down the flow of traffic around Smithtown, which at this point most folks are used to. The wet weather could slow things down further.
- Smithtown Board of Zoning Appeals will be hosting its second meeting of October on Tuesday, from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. at the Eugene Cannataro Senior Citizen Center on Middle Country Road. Watch Patch this week for more information on what's on the agenda.
- Smithtown Board of Education will be hosting a public meeting at 8 p.m. Tuesday in the New York Avenue Administrative building. Residents can speak openly about issues or concerns during the public portion. Stay tuned to Patch this week to find out what's on their agenda.
- East field hockey vs. East Islip, 4 p.m.
- West field hockey vs. Comsewogue, 4:30 p.m.
In Case You Missed It
- Del Fuego Tex Mex Kitchen and Tequila Bar celebrated its second anniversary, saying finding its niche in the St. James community was key to its success.
- It's nearing the one year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy which left Long Island devastated in its wake. How did you survive? How did you cope with the damages? How has your life been shaped by this storm. Tell us on our blog.
- Find a new home in Smithtown
- Find a job
- What’s playing at the movies … and when?
- Advertise your yard sale ahead of the weekend.