With weather hitting 90 degrees and better and no end to the heatwave in sight, ice cream, Italian ices and cold drinks may be helpful in beating the summer heat. Here are 10 places where you can satisfy your tastebuds while cooling off locally.
– Already at Long Beach? Then you're not too far from enjoying some ice cream as Foxies, the ice cream shop at the beach, is open from June to September.
Ralph's Italian Ices ( and ) – Craving an Italian Ice? There are two Ralph's Italian Ice locations locally for you to choose from – 314 Maple Avenue in Smithtown and 221 Smithtown Boulevard in Nesconset.
– Feel like a banana Italian ice? How about a bubble gum or cotton candy ice? You might want to stop at Uncle Louie G. Italian Ices & Ice Cream, located at 10A East Main Street in Smithtown.
–Located at 385 Veterans Highway in Smithtown, you can play games and more in the vintage-looking eatery while enjoying your sundae, cone or whatever ice cream treat you choose. Ice Cream Party Shoppe is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– The popular ice cream shop chain is located at 680 Middle Country Road in St. James, and is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Here, you can enjoy everything from milkshakes and cakes to sundaes, cones, flying saucers and more.
– After eating a hero or a hot dog for lunch, you might want to stay in the Subway/Nathans located at 745 Middle Country Road in St. James and enjoy some TCBY for dessert, who also shares the same location. From frozen yogurt to soft-serve ice cream, TCBY has it all.
– The location, shared with Dunkin Donuts, is located at 731 Smithtown Bypass in Smithtown, and offers soft-serve ice cream, sundaes, cakes and more.
Starbucks ( and ) – While this coffee chain is known for their many flavors of hot coffee, Starbucks also has numerous cold drinks to cool you off in the summer heat. From Frappuccino's to iced latte's and more, Starbucks could be your spot for a cool drink to beat the heat.