A new month is here and with October comes tons of awesome things to do to celebrate the fall. As the leaves continue to change colors on trees and fall, the more events there are. Here are five things you could do locally to enjoy October.
1. Head Out Pumpkin Picking – There are tons of places to go pumpkin picking within the Town of Smithtown, why not head out and grab a few? Pumpkins are great for decorations, pumpkin seeds and more, so get out there and pick a few.
2. Go Trick-or-Treating – Halloween is great fun for kids, but it's also important to have an adult head out with the young ones and make sure they are safe and sound. Take the kids out around town in their great costumes and get them some free candy – and take a piece or two for yourself, asking your kids for permission first, of course.
3. Hit a Halloween Party – Halloween parties aren't just for the kids as local clubs and bars are set to throw adult-themed events for the Halloween fan a little too old to go ask for candy trick-or-treating.
4. Play With Your Kids in a Pile of Leaves – You're never too old to play in a pile of leaves, throwing them around, giggling with your kids. Of course, the parents are probably the ones raking them up, but you could enjoy messing up the piles with your young ones.
5. Fall Festival at Deepwells Mansion – The event is set for Oct. 6 and 7, with a rain date of Oct. 8. Here you could have fun with the family from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. over the weekend painting pumpkins, playing in hay, at the petting zoo and more.