One of the current trending topics on Twitter is "Hello November," and with November beginning today we'd like to run down five things to do this month.
1. Vote on Nov. 8 – There are numerous races that will be decided on Nov. 8, from two seats on the Smithtown Town Council to Suffolk County Executive, Suffolk County legislative seats and more.
2. Attend the Veteran's Day Ceremony on Main Street – It's important to honor those that served and continue to serve this country, fighting to protect the freedom we cherish, and how better to do so than to shake the hands and thank our local veterans. You can do so on .
3. Hit a local eatery during Long Island Restaurant Week – Between Smithtown, St. James and Nesconset there are 13 restaurants participating, offering three-course meals for $24.95 from Nov. 6-13. Fine dining at a discount? Can't beat that.
4. Get stuffed on Thanksgiving – Is there any other day in the year where gluttony and football come together so perfectly?
5. Shop on Black Friday – Are there any other days in the year where you can get sales on anything like you can on Black Friday? For every person that says they'd never stand on lines before the sun comes up to save money on gifts, there are hundreds that would – .