In honor of the federal holiday, many government offices will be closed while most local businesses remain open.
Here's a list of important openings and closings:
- Smithtown Central School District: Students have the day off from classes, all buildings are closed.
- Smithtown Town Hall: All town offices are closed on Jan. 20.
- Suffolk Government Offices: County offices on nearby Route 347 will be closed on Monday.
- New York State offices: The Department of Motor Vehicles in Hauppauge and other state offices in the Perry B. Duryea building of Route 347 will be closed Monday.
- Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, HSBC Bank, People's United Bank, Suffolk County National Bank: Closed for Holidays
- U.S. Post Offices: All post offices will be closed Monday, there will be no mail delivery.
- Smithtown Public Library: All library branches will remain open on Monday, regular hours.
- TD Bank