Starting today, Smithtown Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
The first Patch Picks will feature five places to enjoy the Super Bowl over drinks, food and conversation with good friends.
- Super Bowl Sunday has spurred food and drink specials locally, especially at Blacksmith Tavern. The popular pub is fully equipped with 20 high definition televisions and will be offering free touchdown shots, raffles and giveaways, half price appetizers, 25 cent chicken wings, $2.50 Coors Light drafts, $9 domestic pitchers and more.
- Rockwell’s Bar and Grill will be offering a number of NFL drink deals like free touchdown shots, $2.50 Coors Light drafts and $15 buckets of five Miller Lights or Bud bottles. They will also be offering several food specials like 25 cent wings, $6 burger platters and $7 Philly cheese steak platters.
- Another local favorite is Napper Tandy’s Irish Pub. The pub has provided 32 high definition televisions and two large projection screens to watch the game. They will be offering Miller Light specials, including $8 pitchers, $14 beer bongs, $2.50 pints, $3 aluminum pints and $11 buckets of five. Their Corona specials include $17 buckets of five. As for food, their specials include $6.50 “Kick-off Nachos,” $7.50 giant steak sandwiches, three for $5 sliders with fries and two for one wings.
- Foster’s Grille in Nesconset is not just “The Home of the Charburger.” The family-friendly restaurant, opened almost two years, offers jumbo wing deals for catering Super Bowl parties, like 100 wings for $66, 75 wings for $64, $50 wings for $36 and 35 for $20. They also offer combinations of wings and sliders like 25 wings with 12 sliders for $29 and $60 wings with 24 sliders for $64.99.
- Faraday’s of Smithtown is a cozy pub restaurant known for their steaks and located in the heart of Smithtown for over 20 years. Their drink and food specials include $2.50 domestic bottles of beer, $3 pints of Stella, Guinness, Bass and Blue Point, half price appetizers, $16.95 marinated shell steak and more.