This week, Patch Picks will feature five places to shop and spend for Valentine’s Day, including where to buy bouquets and gifts, enjoy a romantic night out for two and wine and dine with friends.
- For a pre-Valentine’s Day event, visit Ragazzi Italian Restaurant in Nesconset. Have a romantic gourmet meal plus receive advice from relationship expert Ron Villano, M.S., LMHC, ASAC licensed psychotherapist, author and national motivational speaker, on Thursday, Feb. 10 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for $125 per couple. He will be speaking about how to keep the Zing in your relationship this Valentine’s Day and more.
- Among the many flower shops in Smithtown is James Cress Florists on Main Street. They are offering various Valentine’s Day specials like a classic red rose bouquet for $69.99, a pink lily bouquet for $42.99 and more. They also deliver for an extra $10.95.
- Surprising a loved one with a new member of the family could be the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Weekly on Saturdays is “Adoption Day” at Petco in Lake Grove from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., where pet lovers can adopt a puppy or dog in need of a home from Last Chance Animal Rescue.
- Bunty’s Jewelery is a family-owned jeweler that has been serving the Smithtown area for over 30 years. Located in the Uncle Giuseppe’s shopping center, the jeweler carries wedding and engagement rings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets and more.
- Also located in the Uncle Giuseppe’s shopping center is Hotoke. This chic Japanese restaurant, opened in 2008, has two features – a sizzling hibachi steakhouse and fresh fusion sushi. They have traditional hibachi tables where the chefs put on a show, fitting up to groups of 20 per table (perfect couples night) and a separate illuminated sushi bar and dining room (perfect for date night).