Children in grades 1-5 will have the opportunity this week to express themselves by finding their inner artist and creating artwork out of everyday objects and recycled materials. The kids will be learning about the art of Picasso while learning how to create their own abstract art. This program, titled , is being held on Friday, April 29 at 4:30 p.m. at the Nesconset Branch.
Check out all the other events and programs going on this week at the Smithtown Special Library District.
Monday, April 25
Crocheting & Knitting Group, Main Branch
Tuesday, April 26
- Time: 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Description: Come down to one of the Tea-rrific Reads programs to discuss this month's book Sag Harbor while enjoying some tea.
- Location: Meeting Room, Nesconset
Chess at Night, Main Branch
Wednesday, April 27
- Time 4:30 p.m.
- Description: Children can come down and have fun building something with other children.
- Location: Nesconset Branch
Friends of Smithtown Library
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Description: This is the monthly meeting of the Friends of Smithtown Library. New members are encouraged to attend the meeting.
- Location: Meeting Room, Main Branch
Thursday, April 28
Historical Non-Fiction Book Discussion
- Time: 2:30 p.m.
- Description: Come down to join in this month's historical book discussion. This month the group will be discussing the book A Voyage Long and Strange: Rediscovering the New World by Tony Horwitz.
- Location: Gillard Meeting Room, Main Branch
Friday, April 29
- Time: 4:30 p.m.
- Description: Children can find their inner artist by creating artwork out of everyday objects and recycled materials.
- Nesconset Branch.
Saturday, April 30
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Description: Children are encouraged to come down during this open play session to come down make create something.
- Location: Children's Room, Main Branch
On-Your-Own Train Trip to NYC
- Time: 8:45 a.m.
- Description: This is a trip to NYC to do activities on your own sponsored by the Smithtown Public Library.
- Location: Kings Park Train Station