Labor Day is held on the first Monday in September each year. Unofficially the last day of summer, the holiday, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country."
Before you head out on Monday, check our list of places to go to make sure your favorite spot is open for the Labor Day holiday or check our directory for contact information if your favorite place isn't listed
What's Closed on Labor Day:
- All state and federal offices
- Town of Smithtown's Town Hall and all offices
- All Smithtown schools
- Smithtown, Nesconset branches of the Smithtown Special Library District
- Banks and credit unions
- Post offices
- 7-Eleven, normal business hours
- King Kullen: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Rite Aid: normal business hours for store, pharmacy 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Stop & Shop: Normal business hours
- Uncle Guiseppe's: until 8 p.m.
The Long Island Railroad will be operating on a Sunday/holdiay schedule.
Know of a store that's open for business on Labor Day and should be added to our list? Email editor firstname.lastname@example.org.