.

Texas Roadhouse Coming to Deer Park

Steakhouse to break ground this month with grand opening slated for October.

A little bit of Texas is coming soon to Deer Park.

Later this month Texas Roadhouse will break ground on its second Long Island restaurant, Travis Doster, a company spokesperson, told Patch.

The new restaurant will be located near and current plans call for a grand opening in early October, he said.

“We’re looking to begin construction on May 21,” Doster said.

When opened, the Deer Park Texas Roadhouse will be the company’s first in Suffolk County. Its other Long Island restaurant is located on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.

Doster said that each restaurant typically has 170 employees with part-time workers accounting for 60 percent of the staff and full-timers the remaining 40 percent. He expects hiring to begin one to two months prior to the opening of the Deer Park location.

The company’s roots date back nearly 20 years to when Texas Roadhouse opened its first location in Clarksville, Ind., in 1993. Today, the company operates more than 370 locations in 47 states, with one location in the United Arab Emirates.

According to its website, the company touts its hand-cut steaks, side dishes made from scratch and fresh baked breads. As with most chain restaurants today, entertainment is also part of the atmosphere and Texas Roadhouse includes line dancers and a jukebox.

When opened, Texas Roadhouse will be another dining option for local residents and Tanger shoppers. Among the food selections on site at the outlets are , , , and Chipolte. There are also several eateries just outside Tanger including and on Grand Blvd.

John Azzara September 21, 2012 at 02:23 PM
According to corporate..., it's slated to open February 2013. Can't wait!
Michael Kear March 05, 2013 at 11:32 PM
They started construction last week and the shell is up already. They should be able to open by late May
Marie March 23, 2013 at 05:22 PM
I cant wait, im so excited for the road house to open , i heard wonderful ratings from people on this place Marie The Rose From Deer Park
Dotty March 25, 2013 at 02:17 AM
Anyone know when they are opening. Looking for my daughter to get a summer job. Think they will open my June??
Michael Kear May 14, 2013 at 05:22 PM
It is scheduled to open June 3rd

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »