Many residents in the Town of Smithtown are still without power, but there are many businesses in the area that are offering hot showers, coffee, bagels and more to locals in need. Here's a working list as of Tuesday morning with where you could go if you are in need.
Feel free to add businesses you know that are offering similar services in the comments and we will add them tot he story.
– Calvary Church of God of St. James, located at 210 Woodlawn Avenue, is offering coffee, bagels, and power to charge cellphones for locals. You could contact the church at 631-697-9580.
– Block Chiropractic is offering free chiropractic care for recovery workers including LIPA, ConEd, Cablevision, Verizon, Police, FD, FEMA and Disaster Relief Workers. Dr. Block at the Smithtown location could be reached at 631-543-0004.
– Energy Interactive Fitness Center in St. James is offering hot showers and coffee to anyone without power, no membership required.
– Gold's Gym is offering residents who want a hot shower or need to charge cellphones to come down to the Landing Avenue location.
– Smithtown Hot Yoga said to come down if you need to charge a cellphone or take a shower, they have power and are willing to help out.
– Dance N Things has regained full power and credit card capabilities, and will be open our regular hours this week. They have complimentary coffee and charging stations, as well as free Optimum WiFi.
– Interior Design Consultant Donna Conlin is offering free consultations to anyone who has suffered damage to their home due to Hurricane Sandy and would like some design help. Conlin could be reached at 631-240-9755 or email at donna@DLCdesignInc.com.