Every new year, people jump at the chance of declaring a resolution to the world, turn over a new leaf and change their life around. However, usually around February or March those resolutions begin to crumble and people return to their old trusted ways. Well this year, 2013, can be your year to ACTUALLY change it all and get things done! If you believe you can achieve, and NDA will help you get there. Here are some tips for making and keeping resolutions for your home in 2013.
- Give your home a thorough cleaning once a month. Schedule days to take care of it and stay on schedule. A messy home obviously doesn't look as nice, but it also increases the stress in your life as well. Get those who live in your home involved too. This way it’s not such an overwhelming job for one person.
- Deep clean your carpet with quality carpet cleaner. Nothing quite kills the satisfaction of having a newly remodeled space like a stained or smelly carpet. Often times the first observation people have when entering a home is the distinct scent it has. Make sure your home’s giving off the right scent to your visitors this year.
- Well maintained wood can really make all the difference in the structure and appearance of your home. If your hardwood floors have become worn after years of walking around, having them re-stained is a great way to start off the new year.
- Paint a room that can use an update or highlight an accent wall. You may also want to consider painting walls a neutral color like white to contrast it with your molding in another accent color.
- Renovating your kitchen is a great way for any homeowner to start fresh. However, it’s understandable for some to put off the full renovation to save money. If you’re one of many who can’t afford an immediate renovation at home, don’t hesitate to rearrange what you already have. Move things in and out of rooms, like lamps or end-tables. See if your relatives or friends are looking to get rid of furniture, home décor or any accessories that are worth picking up. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure,” just might be your new favorite phrase.
- Paint your kitchen cabinets and add new appliances. Also, a minor upgrade that most homeowners can afford is lining your cabinets and drawers with a quality vinyl adhesive shelf paper. This prevents scratches and things from sliding around in drawers. If you use a good liner, you'll prevent any rings or stains from hitting the wood surfaces too.
- Think about what you have in storage and pull it out. Clean out your closets and other spaces in your house that have been hiding your junk for years. It’s often a good idea to just go through all your items and decide what’s worth keeping, one by one. After doing this, you’ll most likely have a lot more space available at home. As for your old stuff, pick out those with potential value and find a buyer. This new income can definitely help you out paying for more renovations in the future.
As always, the NDA Team is here to help with all types of home renovation and design ideas. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 631 360-3818. Or if the matter doesn’t require a direct phone call, feel free to email us at email@example.com.