The St James Fire District is trying to help a fellow fire department – the Breezy Point Volunteer FD – as well as the Breezy Point community, by hosting a last-minute supply drive Friday and Saturday, at its 533 North Country Road location.
20 year member and former St. James Fire District Chairman Dan Jordan said via email that the supplies donated will be taken to Breezy Point and will be used by the fire department as well as within their community.
You could drop off supplies from 5-8 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturday. Supplies will be brought to Breezy Point Saturday afternoon following the drive.
Here's what the fire department is looking to raise for Breezy Point:
- Winter Clothing Only (coats, hats, gloves, pants, boots, socks)
- Blankets; Sleeping Bags
- Duraflame Logs; Firewood
- Small Cooking Stoves
- Headlamps; Flashlights; AAA,AA,D,C Batteries
- Heavy Duty Garbage Bags; Garbage Pails
- Work Gloves; Rubber Gloves; Latex Gloves
- Shovels; Snow Shovels; Push Brooms; Mops
- Scrub Brushes; Buckets; Bleach
- Clorox Wipes; Paper Towels; Toilet Paper
- First Aid Supplies; Face Masks; Hand Warmers
- Baby Food and Supplies
- Adult/Baby Cough Medicine
- Easy to Prep/Eat Food; Pet Food; Instant Coffee
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detectors
- Gatorade; Water; Juice
- Hammers; Crowbars; Tools
- Wheel Barrels; Hand Trucks; Step Ladders
- Plastic Eating Ware: Dishes, Utensils, Cups