With school a little more than a month away the time to start preparing for the upcoming year is now. Here are five local places where you could pick up some supplies, from notebooks to pens, rulers, backpacks and more.
1. – For the St. James folks, the new location at 2100 Nesconset Highway in Stony Brook might be the closest place to grab what you need. Staples took over the former Office Max location that closed in January of last year.
2. – This West Main Street pharmacy recently became 24-hour operation, so the late night shopper or the family buying supplies after their 9-to-5 job could get whatever they need.
3. – The supermarket chain location on West Main Street already has a section dedicated to supplies, and they're ready to get picked up while you buy your groceries.
4. – The pharmacy on terry Road might be th best bet for people living on the southern section of Smithtown and for Nesconset residents.
5. – Main Street has many destinations, and if you visit one of them a trip to the CVS on East Main Street might be the easiest bet for you to get the school supplies you need.