Gift the gift of life at the American Legion's Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, from 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. If you can't give blood, stop by to see the newly renovated legion hall and participate in the 50/50 raffle to help support local veterans.
Smithtown students will perform in a variety of winter concerns this week, don't miss out:
- Accompsett: Dec. 16 - Mr. Hacker's 6th grade band at 7 p.m., Mr. Arsenico's 7th grade band at 8 p.m.
- Accompsett: Dec. 18 - Mr. Arsenico's 6th grade band at 7 p.m., Mr. Hacker's 8th grade band at 8 p.m.
- Great Hollow: Dec. 16 - Jurlando-Winter Concert at 7:15 p.m.
- Great Hollow: Dec. 18 - Roth-Winter Concert for orchestra 6 & 7 - 7:15 p.m.
- Nesaquake: Dec. 16 - Mr. Andreas' grade 7 band and Ms. Lombardo's grade 8 band at 7:30 p.m.
- Nesaquake: Dec. 18 - Mr. Andreas' and Ms. Lombardo's 6th grade band, Mrs. McNeil's grade 6 orchestra at 7:30 p.m.
- High School West: Dec. 17 - Concert orchestra, Concert Band per. 6 and Symphonic Orchestra at
- High School West: Dec. 19 - Brass ensemble, Jazz ensemble and U.S. Sounds Faculty Big Band & Chamber Choir and Orchestra performing pieces from the Messiah at 7:30 p.m.
Smithtown's elected town board members will host a public meeting at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Smithtown Town Hall, located at 99 West Main Street in Smithtown. Watch Patch for more information as to what's on their agenda later this week.
The Town of Smithtown's Planning Board will hold a public meeting at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Eugene A. Cannataro Senior Citizen Center. Watch Patch for more about their agenda.
Drop & Shop
Abrakadoole in St. James is offering a Drop & Shop camp, where parents can drop off children ages 4 and up for a fun-filled night of books, music and artistic fun, while parents get some holiday shopping done.
National Sangria Day Celebration
Did you know Dec. 20 is National Sangria Day? Celebrate the occasion at Del Fuego in St. James with deals on sangria pitchers and glasses all night.
Jazz in the Living Room Concert
Listen to local, improve jazz as its players return to the Milld Pond House for a concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday. Admission is $5 to listen, free for players.