- Go back to a time when big drama in your life simply meant big hair, Boom Boxes and MTV! Join the Smithtown Historical Society for a Dance Party Jam celebrating all things 1980's! Vote for King & Queen of the Prom (best costume contest), try your luck at 80's trivia, a chance on a raffle prize, or the 50/50. Tickets are $50 per person and include dinner, dancing and drinks.
Enjoy live music outdoors on the lawn of the Smithtown Public Library at 8 p.m. on Thursday nights. The Rotary Clubs of Smithtown and Smithtown-Sunrise will be collecting non-perishable food for local food pantries.
- Join The Smithtown Library for a Friday movie matinee, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., featuring a current or classic movie.
- Acoustic Afternoons at Mills Pond. Join singer/songwriter Christie Baker of Smithtown for an open mike afternoon Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Join the Hauppauge Public Library for the 'Jawsome' Beach Party on Saturday for teens entering sixth through 12th grade. Celebrate the end of the summer reading club. We’ll have fun games, cool crafts, delicious food, loads of give-aways, and a DJ from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. in the Community Room. Reserve a spot here.
Visit the Nesconset Farmers Market. Open every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m., through Nov. 16, residents can come down to the shopping center at Nesconset Plaza, 127 Smithtown Blvd., for farm-fresh fruits, veggies and homemade goods.
- When it comes to al fresco dining this summer, Blend Wine and Tapas is the place to be. Live music fills the outdoor patio Thursday through Saturday at the restaurant, located at 321 Nesconset Hwy., in Hauppauge.
- Join the Smithtown Youth Bureau for Friday night bowling. For $13 on Friday, youth will receive two hours of glow-in-the-dark bowling, shoe rental, two slices of pizza, and a soda. Grab a group of friends and register for bowling night, taking place Friday between 6 and 9 p.m.
- Friday is Ladies Night at Paint-A-Piece (6216 Jericho Tpke., Commack). Enjoy pottery, paint and wine from 7-9 p.m. Light snacks will be provided. Bring your own beverage. Raffle prizes will be granted to several lucky winners. Reservation is required. Call 631-486-6969 to RSVP.
- Enjoy live music and entertainment this weekend at Perfecto Mundo in the Northgate Shopping Center (1141-1 Jericho Tpke., Commack). The music starts Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m.
DJ Tony will be spinning the latest techno tracks, throwing in some old school cuts and taking requests 10 p.m.- 2 a.m. for Main Street Pub’s techno night. Come down, dance all night and see the light show.
Come on down to the Kings Park Farmers' Market this Sunday and Action Paint like Jackson Pollock with Abrakadoodle. Aprons will be provided to participants and all materials purport to be "washable" but it's best to dress to make a mess. Kings Park Farmers Market, 9 a.m.
Traditional sea songs and tunes will be among the musical selections presented by Fiddler’s Green on Friday in Russ Savatt Park a part of the Musical Moments Concert Series. Show starts at 7:30 p.m.
The Kings Park Farmers Market is held on Sunday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. in the municipal parking lot across from the firehouse on Main Street. If you post some pics while you’re grabbing some fresh goods at the Farmers Market, email us a link at email@example.com. Tag your posts on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #KPMarket and we’ll grab them too for a gallery after the event.