A report of a gas leak at the Mills Pond Nursing Facility on Moriches Road early Tuesday morning resulted in no injuries and "all is clear," according to an official with the facility.
National Grid confirmed that it responded to reports of a gas leak at the facility early Tuesday morning, though a spokewoman reported that following an on-site investigation, no leak, nor odor, was found on the premesis.
An employee with Mills Pond, administrative assistant Linda McDermott, said a patient in one of the facility's rooms reported an odor of gas from his or her room. The smell, McDermott said, was isolated to that room. However she said Tuesday morning that "the smell is no longer there."
St. James Fire Department was reportedy called to the scene, however fire officials could not imediately confirm.