The first and only town board meeting for July that the Town of Smithtown will hold is Tuesday at 2 p.m. Here’s a rundown of what you can expect at town hall.
One public hearing will take place Tuesday. St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center looking to alter an existing special exception use of a section of its property, located on the west side of Route 25A, south of Ashland Road in Smithtown.
A public hearing will be up for advertisement by the town board Tuesday involving amendments to the town code concerning building construction. If approved, the public hearing to consider the amendment would take place Aug. 9 at 2 p.m. at town hall.
Parades, Run/Walks and More
Parades and run/walks are back on the agenda for July, as the town board will hear first readings for the following events:
- Nesconset Chamber of Commerce Nesconset Day
- Smithtown High School West Homecoming Parade
- St. James Fire Department 911 Memorial Dedication
The town board will also hear second readings on the following:
- Smithtown East High School Homecoming Parade Second Reading
- Kings Park High School Homecoming Parade Second Reading
Personnel Appointments and More
The town board will decide more than 10 personnel matters Tuesday. Here’s what they will vote on:
- Appointment of Alicia Fast as a recreation aide in the recreation department, effective July 13
- Reappointment of Jacqueline Clark as a recreation specialist in the recreation department, effective July 15
- Appointment of Irene Rice to senior assessment assistant in the assessor’s office, a full-time position effective July 13.
- Reappointment of Gregory Hedger as a recreation aide in the recreation department, effective July 13
- Appointment of Andrew Iglio to laborer at the municipal services facility effective July 13
- Appointment of Monica D. Stevens to animal control officer, a full-time position, effective July 13
- Appointment of Michelle Nitto, Eddie Greco and Anthony Musso as laborers, effective July 13
- Appointment of Kathryn Van Son as a student intern in the traffic safety department, effective July 13
- A medical leave of absence for clerk typist Patricia Wright, effective July 12