While the school year is winding down for the Smithtown Central School District and seniors will be ending their high school careers, past Smithtown graduates are ending another chapter in their academic lives by graduating college.
SUNY Oswego announced that six former students of the district are scheduled to finish their baccalaureate studies and walk May 12 in the school’s 151st commencement ceremony.
- Matt Doyle, Nesconset (communication)
- Robert Hasho, St. James (marketing)
- James Bilello, Smithtown (adolescence education)
- Ross Glassberg, Smithtown (zoology)
- Danielle Meyer, Smithtown (technology education, magna cum laude)
- Marc Sklar, Smithtown (creative writing)
The district also produced two Keene State College graduates. The New Hampshire college had its largest graduating class ever – 1,196 degrees were handed out to 1,107 students.
- Scott Mansfield, St. James
- Briana Mangiaracina, St James